Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Teasers - Time Travel Edition

I'm a LITTLE late getting back to you about the answers to the last Tuesday Teasers, I know. Even that bratty little New Year's fella snuck by me without taking down my resolutions for 2011. But that's another post. I believe the last teasers were of the mushy variety, if I recall. The answers are:

1) FLIPPED by Wendelin Van Draanen at Amazon.com and Chapters
2) Reincarnation by Suzzanne Wyen in the US and Chapters
3) Fact of Life #31 by Denise Vega and here And this place

Now on to the first teasers of the New Year! (Yeah, I KNOW it's a week late!) Time travel is an obsession of mine, and if I ever find a way to make it work, I'll let you know. Lord knows there are a few cakes and squares I would like to have avoided this past holiday! Here are the "cover stories" of a few of my time travel novels on my shelves.

1) The strangest things seem to happen to the Hall family. Now their adventure is with time itself. It starts when Eddy receives an unusually large packing crate from his uncle, Prince Krishna, containing an old-fashioned bicycle complete with wicker basket. The bike has more than that, though: It possesses the ability to travel through time!

2) Twelve-year-old A. F. is a millionaire, a genius, and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even A. doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories; these fairies are armed and dangerous.
A. thinks he has them right where he wants them . . . but then they stop playing by the rules.
Stay back, Human.
You don't know what you're dealing with.

3) Gideon Seymour, thief and gentleman, hides from the villainous Tar Man. Suddenly the sky peels away like fabric and from the gaping hole fall two curious-looking children. Peter Schock and Kate Dyer have fallen straight from the twenty-first century, thanks to an experiment with an antigravity machine. Before Gideon and the children have a chance to gather their wits, the Tar Man takes off with the machine -- and Peter and Kate''s only chance of getting home. Soon Gideon, Peter, and Kate are swept into a journey through eighteenth-century London and form a bond that, they hope, will stand strong in the face of unfathomable treachery.

Are any of these on your bookshelf?

7 comments:

Lickety Splitter said...

Nope, not a one. I just popped in to say hi :)

Carol Riggs said...

I haven't heard of these books. Shame on me. ;o) They sound interesting, however!

Hey, you're one of the winners of my 100-follower giveaway:
Artzicarol Ramblings

Congrats!

Jennifer Lane said...

Hmm, don't know these books.

Congratulations--you've won the Stylish Blogger Award! Stop by my blog for details. http://jenniferlanebooks.blogspot.com

Stina Lindenblatt said...

My son borrowed #2 a year or so ago from school for home reading. We never got through it. I think we had a few chapters left, but we never got into it.

I'm definitely looking forward to hear about time travel when you figure it out. There are a few things I wouldn't mind going back to change. :)

Laura Pauling said...

I've read book 2- from the library. I didn't recognize the other two.

lbdiamond said...

Oh, gosh, more books to put on the TBR pile!!! It's growing exponentially!!!!

LOVE that pic!!! Hahahahaha!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Sorry, I was distracted your cute little pug! Mine looked like that too. When he was cute and little and not such a big pain in the butt! :)