Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's My Birfday

My actual birthday is on Wednesday, but it's shaping up to be another crammed week, so I'll post this today:0)
Even though I already did a post on Resolutions, I have to admit that mine never really get started until after my birthday. That's when MY new year begins, and my 42nd year is supposed to be one of my best!
I know this may sound weird, but I've been looking forward to this year for three or four years now. And honestly, how many of us over 25 look forward to getting older! But I've always known, somehow, that this was going to be an awesome year.
Will I get rid of this extra 20 pounds and get my torn shoulder ligaments healed up? Will I get my plantar fascitis under control and get back to running 15 - 20 miles a week? Will I get my crap together and let my writing take a front seat? Will I find an agent? A publisher?
Stay tuned for the next episode of As The Toilet Flushes...

16 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy almost birthday!!! I do birthday resolutions, too--I feel like that makes them more personal. Have a fabulous year!

lbdiamond said...

Cute pic, lol!!!

Happy Birthday!

Resolutions are tough...mine go down the drain too. ;)

Jai Joshi said...

Cinette, Happy Birthday! I hope that this year goes well for you and that you achieve all you dreamed of.

That's such a cute pic!

Jai

Stacey Airey said...

Well, well, well...hope you have a great birthday. I totally hear you about the extra 20 pound thing...although at the moment it's more like 50, until baby #4 is born that is! And I was running too but had to stop because of knee issues. Karl has plantar fascitis too so I know how much of a pain that can be. Anyhow, have a great day and Happy Birthday (to the left side of our brain...remember that?)

Suzie F. said...

Happy Birthweek, Cinette! I hope you reach your writing & personal goals during the new year.

Suzie

Carol Riggs said...

As The Toilet Flushes! LOL You crack me up. Happy Happy Birthday to you on Wednesday! Have a great one, and may THIS YEAR be your best, rah!

crosscribe said...

I like the whole 'birthday resolutions', too! I sort of did that this past year, but I also have a bit of a cheat as my birthday is rather close to the new year. So it's like I can catch it either way. ;-)

koreenclemens.com said...

Happy almost Birfday! Mine was at the beginning of the month, and I have to agree that birthdays sometimes have more of the kick-in-the-pants feeling to them than New Year's, especially if your birthday is in January ;-) I hope you achieve everything you set yourself out to accomplish this year.

Colene Murphy said...

Happy early BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great year!

Faith said...

Happy Birthday! This will definitely be the year. But enjoy your cake first... start those resolutions the day after!

Hart Johnson said...

That's the attitude! I hope it all works out for you exactly like that! Have a great birthday!

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday! I agree with Hart - what a great attitude - it's that sort of positivity that makes good things happen. Yeay you!

The Golden Eagle said...

Happy Birthday! :)

I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you.

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy Birfday!!! Sounds like you've got a magical year in store - it'll be fun to watch! :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I hope all your birthday wishes come true (especially the agent and book deal one). :)

cleemckenzie said...

Hey! Happy Birthday. May your wishes come true.