Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Teasers - ZOMBIE Edition


Yes, Zombies. And yes, I have eclectic reading habits. So, without further ado,  here are the teasers of the week!

1) "You're telling me you can raise the dead simply by summoning?"
    "Yes."
    "My God," she whispered, staring at me. "What have you done?"
    Hearing her words and seeing her expression, I knew I'd just done something worse than raising the dead - I'd confirmed her worst fears about us. In her eyes, I saw the same thing I saw when people looked at Derek. I saw fear. And I knew we were in trouble.

2) Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's a part-time shrink to a whole bunch of semi-dead people with killer issues. All Megan really wants is to go to homecoming, but when you're trailed by a bunch of slobbering corpses whenever you leave the house, it's kind of hard to score a date. Let's just say that Megan's love life could use some major resuscitation.
Megan's convinced her life can't get any worse - until someone in school starts using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into scary, hardcore flesh-eating Zombies. Now it's up to Megan to stop the Zombie apocalypse. Her life - and more importantly, the homecoming dance - depends on it.

3) In Mary's world, there are simple truths.
The Sisterhood always knows best.
The Guardians will protect and serve.
The Unconsecrated will never relent.
And you must always mind the fences that surrounds the village...
...But slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and it's secrets, and the Guardians and their power. And, when the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness.
Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?

I had to really search my bookcase for zombie stories. Do you know of any other MG/YA zombie stories?

5 comments:

The Golden Eagle said...

I've never read a zombie book before . . . I enjoyed the teasers, though! What book(s) are these from?

I have been hearing a lot about the book Zombies vs. Unicorns to answer your question; I've read a lot of positive review about it, too.

Kittie Howard said...

I've never read a book about zombies either. I think I shy away from that because there are those (not many, but it's there) in southern Louisiana who practice voodoo. We kids heard scary stories about all that growing up. Guess the scary stories stuck, LOL.

Kelly Fieger said...

Alright, the first one I have, it's The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong the other two I'm clueless on. But I did search out my YA bookcase and found one you might want to check out (Not sure if you read the darkhunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon but it's a spin off YA from those) It's called infinity, chronicles of Nick

Colene Murphy said...

Yeay! I know the first and third!*self high-five* Love zombies!!

Elizabeth said...

You know, I don't think I've ever read a zombie story (P&P&Z aside). I'm kind of loving The Walking Dead on AMC, though, so maybe it's time.