Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Revelations

I've been having a rough time the last few weeks. Disorientation, a head cold that became a chest cold, suffering from tachycardia, being diagnosed with anemia, and just plain feeling like crap. But it all fell into perspective yesterday when one of my daughter's came home from work early, with tears in her eyes. She had received a phone call while at work that would set our family on end; her boyfriend's cousin was killed in a tragic farm accident.
Now, he wasn't just some guy we had heard of; he had been a guest in our house on numerous occasions, and was well liked by our extended family as well. We are all in shock.
Such a shocking occurrence makes you think about a lot of things; what-might-have-been for such a hard-working and promising young man, for starters. But of course, introspection is another side-effect. Priorities suddenly change, perceptions are altered. What was important yesterday doesn't register on the scale today.
So what I'm trying to say is that I need to narrow my focuses in my life. I'm dropping NaNoWriMo, streamlining my blog, and of course placing my family first, and focusing on my health,and focusing my writing. Clutter has to go from my life in all it's multiple corners.
As of late, I haven't been posting very regularly. I will continue to post, just not as often as I have in the past. And I will continue to visit you all when I can. This blogging community is such a wonderful group, I could never just walk away! Don't feel sorry for me, my lovelies. I'm just following a new path from this day forward.

9 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

I'm so sorry about all your troubles! I hope you start feeling better soon. So sorry about your loss as well. That is so hard!

No one here can or will blame you for your decisions. Whatever is best for you and your career and your family is what matters!

Cinette said...

Thanks, Colene. You've always been so supportive; I hope you know how much that means to me.

Erica M. Chapman said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about that. I think focusing on what's important should always come first. I don't post regularly either, sometimes other things are more important.

I hope you enjoy your time with your family.

Meredith said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry for his family and for yours. That's such an awful tragedy.

lotusgirl said...

I can understand the re-evaluation. Sorry for your loss.

Sondrae Bennett said...

Completely understandable. Take care of yourself and your family.

DLCurran said...

So sorry to hear that. Talk to you tonight, Cinette. Best to you and yours.

Talli Roland said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, but you're absolutely right. You need to put yourself and your family first. We'll always be here! :) Take care of yourself.

Arlee Bird said...

Sorry for your misfortunes. Hope all improves very soon and your life is relatively back in order.

Lee
Tossing It Out