Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Random Stuff Friday

Today's post is just a bunch of tidbits and afterthoughts, but all stuff I want to get out.

First, I want to thank all of you that sent your words of encouragement; they mean the world to me.

Second, after a VERY long day of labour, I want to welcome my new niece to the world - all 7 lbs 9oz, even if she wasn't overly eager to get here! Congrats, Leah and Calvin! Get some sleep today! Because of my danged chest cold turning into pneumonia, I won't be visiting you for a few days.

Third, even though I dropped out of NaNo, I've been picking away at my writing, and started TWO new Alex/Cassie stories for my projected series. I'm really good at starting things, still working on the finishing stuff.

Fourth, because of my poor health, I did not make the four hour drive to the funeral of our young friend, but my daughter tells me 800 other people were able to make it. The boy definitely made an impression. His Remembrance Day service will long be remembered.
And a nod and a prayer go out to all our fallen soldiers, and those that still fight that valiant battle.

And fifth, I want to congratulate all of you die-hard NaNoers who have been wracking up your incredible word counts. You rock! I envy you.

I'm more than certain I'm forgetting something, but that's just par for the course, these days. I blame the misalignment of the planets;-)
Have a great weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Congrats on the new family addition!
And I am so sorry about the loss you have had.

Liz Fichera said...

*Hugs* And congratulations on the birth of your niece.

Jennifer Hillier said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend.

Congratulations on the new family member!

Donna Hole said...

You seem to be having a rough time now Cinette; getting so sick, losing a friend, dropping out of NaNo. So much stress. Glad you have that new life for inspiration while you're pecking away at your WIP.

Get better soon.

.......dhole

Medeia Sharif said...

There's so much going on, both good and bad. I'm glad you're holding up and still writing.

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like there's a load of things going on. Congrats on the new family addition!

ali said...

That's a lot! Congratulations about your little niece and ((hugs)) on the loss of your young friend.

Margo Kelly said...

Hang in there. :) And feel better.

notesfromnadir said...

Congrats on a new arrival!

Just wanted to stop by to encourage you to keep writing, even if only a few paragraphs a day! Sometimes when you're not feeling 100% it's a way of getting some rest. Then, when you get better you have a lot more to write about!