Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Very Own Harry Potter Marathon




The titles of last Tuesdays Teasers about wizards and witches? I was surprised no one guessed them!


1) Deep Wizardry: Book Two in the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane

2) Charmed Life by Dianna Wynne Jones

3) Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch by Douglas Rees

Go and check them out!

After mentioning in my last post about having never read a Harry Potter book, I received quite a bit of feedback on that comment. I have to admit, I'm tired of not knowing what it's all about, so I've started reading The Philosopher's Stone, and I've found a copy of the movie, as well. I'll post next Monday how my trek through the series is going.
Is there a series or book you feel you need to check out to see what the fuss is about?

7 comments:

Dominic de Mattos said...

I haven't read the twilight series, or seen the films. I sort of had the impression that being a teenage girl was a distinct advantage!

Thanks for visiting and for the follow

:Dom

Cinette said...

I haven't read the Twilight series either, but I've seen the films. I can see where they appeal to teenage girls;-)

lbdiamond said...

I'm just starting the Percy Jackson series. Loved the first one!

Cinette said...

(Sigh) I haven't read that series either!

Colene Murphy said...

Can't WAIT To hear what you think of them!!!
And that cat seriously made me laugh!

Melanie said...

Hey Cinette, just joined your blog. Didn't realize I hadn't!

Glad to hear you are reading HP. Such a fantastic and creative and well written series. I'm kinda jealous that you get to read all the books back to back (if that's what your planning to do). I love when I fall in love with the first book of a series and find out all of the books in the series have already been published. I hate waiting. Waiting for Mockinjay sucked and I built too much excitement in my head over it that when it finally came out, I was a bit disappointed. Not that it was bad, just not how I'd hyped it in my head.

As for a series I want to read that I keep hearing great things about, I'd have to say The Vampire Diaries and The Diary of a Whimpy Kid (is that what it's called?)

Oh, and I can't wait to hear what you think about HP!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Twilight was fantastic; though, I was a year or two behind the excitement. But, READ THE BOOKS first! That way the movie makes it more visual but the movie also makes more sense knowing the little things they have to omit to fit into a movie.

Vampire Academy = awesome and flew through it! Waiting for the sixth and final book to come out next week... The waiting.

Finally started "The Hunger Games" series and ran through it too! And, now I am floundering for a new series. Vampire Diaries? I dunno...

Never caught the Potter bug. Seen some of and parts of the movies (kids have seen them all). But, I think HP is more 'Lord of The Rings' to me which is another one of those magic type movies I never got into.