Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

You Gotta Get This Book!!!

I have come across the next classic instructional writing manual that you need to have right next to Elements and Style. I haven't even finished reading it, and I already know this, it's that amazing! It's The Writing and Critique Group Survival Guide by Becky Levine!


TADA!!!

Isn't it beautiful?
It will make you an expert critiquer in no time!
I used to look at other people's stories and mine) and just 'know' something wasn't quite right. Becky taught me (okay, her book did) how to spot the weaknesses, and how to fix them in MY OWN WORK. That's the main reason that this book will be dog-eared and cherished by all. It will guide you to being a better writer.
In the fiction section, she, breaks it down into critiquing for plot, dialogue, character, etc. It blew me away with how easy critiquing can be!
The Survival Guide covers fiction, non-fiction, memoir, you name it. This is a definite 5 star rating, if I ever gave ratings to books. I talked everyone in my writer's group to buy it.You NEED this one. Go buy it. Now.

8 comments:

DLCurran said...

Still have to order it or you guys will kick me out of the group! ;) Have a good weekend Cinette!

Clarissa Draper said...

Looks like a great book. I will search for it on amazon.

CD

Jill said...

Okay! Well, you sold me - I've ordered it on Amazon. I also (to get free shipping of course, not because I have an addiction) spent another $22 ordered the '2011 Novel And Short Story Writer's Market'...
I need it, really! Well, it will be a resource for TNT.... :)

Christine Danek said...

I will have to get this. Thanks.

beckylevine said...

Cinette, I came home from a good but long day of traveling to find this post--the perfect end to my day. Thank you SO much--and I'm thrilled that you like the book. :)

Cinette said...

It's my pleasure. It deserves to be on everyone's bookshelf!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I need this before writers start asking me!

Solvang Sherrie said...

It IS a great book and Becky is a great person, too :)