Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weepy Wednesday

I've been slacking off on my blogging this week, even though I still have a couple of blogfests to catch up on, but I WILL CATCH UP! Someday, I'm sure.

Yes, today feels like a whining day, even if it is beautiful outside, for a change. First, it looks like someone stole my mother-in-law's dog, and two, I'm in charge of Thanksgiving dinner for around twenty or so people this weekend. It's the housekeeping part I don't care for. But I'm always up for a party!

Oh, and I've been adding up what I've spent on books recently.

I went to town this week, hypothetically speaking. (I actually did all my shopping on line.) BUT GUESS WHAT I GOT!!!

I mossied into Amazon.ca, and I picked up CassaStar by...who was that written by again? (Just kidding, Alex!)

At chapters.indigo.ca I picked up a copy of each The Grimrose Path by Rob Thurman, and Breakthough: The Adventures of Chase Manhattan by Stephen Tremp (who happens to be one of those little fellas pictured at the top of the page;-) Hi Steve!

Then I made a stop at Kobo for some ebooks, and grabbed Freefall by this week's debut author interviewee, Mindi Scott. While I was there, I snatched a copy of Liz Fichera's Captive Spirit, which I was introduced to via The Bad News Blogfest this past weekend, or at least an intriguing snippet of it!
I also picked up the last Rachel Vincent 'Shifters' title, Alpha, and the third of Jennifer Estep's 'Elemental Assassin' series Venom. Also, I grabbed me a non-fiction title as well (got to stay well rounded) called My Life Among The Serial Killers By Dr. Helen Morrison. (Don't ask if you don't want to know.)

I think I had better put my credit card away for awhile. Hubby's already planning a bonfire with my collection:>)

5 comments:

Jen Daiker said...

I find on whiny days that I love the bookstore... something that makes me extremely happy is definitely worthwhile! You picked up some great things!!! Especially Alex's I need to snag a copy!!

Colene Murphy said...

You have CassaStar! *dirtyword* Lucky duck! Great haul too!

DLCurran said...

Supporting the publishing community all by your lonesome, huh? ;) Have fun reading... I'm looking forward to CassaStar too! The others, guess I'll have to make a list - I know your taste and I likes it; I likes it a lot!

Christine Danek said...

I'm looking forward to reading Cassastar. Looks like you had a great shopping trip.
Happy reading!

lbdiamond said...

Oh yeah, I LOVE buying books, whether it be in the store or online! :D