Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Five (More) Random Things About Moi

It may look like I've been negligent this past week, but - okay, I have. But in my defence, I've been trying to catch up in other departments in my life that have been suffering. By Monday, I hope to have my crap together and be back at the helm (as if!).
Oh, and on Monday, I have an interview with MEGAN CREWE, author of GIVE UP THE GHOST!

Okay, here we go:
1) I love to knit and crochet. I have more the eight projects on the go at any given time though, because I get bored with them after a while (notice a pattern, anybody?). I'm trying to finish a baby afghan this month for my new niece (yes, I"M sure it will be my mother's 8th granddaughter) due in less than a month. My money's on Nov.2.

2) I clean house only when I should be doing something else. (or when I'm expecting 20 people over for Thanksgiving.) It's in The Master Procrastination Method how-to-guide I plan to write. Someday.

3) I found out that 40 is the new 70, in my case, anyway. Over the last two years, I've gained 20 lbs, developed rotator-cuff issues in both shoulders, feel like I have arthritis in my hands, hips and knees (the shoulders go without saying), have chronic heartburn and have taken up snoring (so I'm told). I picked the wrong time in life to crack a couple ribs, I guess. Just when I was supposed to up my fitness to stay abreast of old age, I had to quit my running and weight training. Maybe, once the ribs healed, I should have started up again...

4) My idea of the perfect holiday is NOT a hot beach somewhere tropic. I want a hotel room with a hot tub and room service and a masseuse on call, plus a stack of books. The DO NOT DISTURB sign will be on the doorknob.

5) I WANT to have a simple, sparse decor in my house, but too many people live here. To start with, I emptied out an entire room downstairs last spring, but within a week my husband bought furniture and a T.V. to fill it up. I haven't been in the room since. I'm not kidding. It used to be my fitness room.

Your turn! Tell me your deepest, dark secret. I promise, I won't tell anyone...

11 comments:

Sangu said...

I love these! I always like the posts where bloggers share random facts about themselves, so this was great!

I'm totally with you on the need to tidy and clean things up, only to have someone else ruin it and clutter up the world five minutes later. Sigh.

DLCurran said...

Deepest darkest secret...?

Uhm... I eat chocolate icing out of the can. Not the whole can, but a few dunked fingers worth. Yeah, it sounds as gross as it is...

Patti said...

So sorry about your injuries, I hate when I can't do things.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I am totally with you on #3 and #4. I'm 42 and I swear I have arthritis in both wrists and my right shoulder, and my skin looks like I'm 60! :-)

Colene Murphy said...

I love to knit! (but not crochet.) Great list! And that kind of get-away sounds like heaven right about now, though I have to add the tropical beach into it.

The Golden Eagle said...

I love knitting! I don't know how to crochet (I did) but I like having projects around, too.

I'm sorry you're in pain like that. Not fun, having arthritis.

Meredith said...

I definitely use cleaning the house as a procrastination tool, though I pretend that I brainstorm plot ideas while I clean. And I love #4--that sounds like a pretty perfect vacation to me!

Cinette said...

Sangu - I used to be a real neat freak, but four kids on a farm can break a person of that over the years;-) I keep trying, but never succeed.
Deb - I prefer cream cheese icing;->
Patti - I'm not in that bad of shape - at least today. I cracked my ribs a couple years ago, but never got back on the horse when they healed, so I'm stating to feel my age:0)
Shannon - My husband was razzing me about all the freckles (yeah, that's what we'll call them) on my hands, arms and shoulders that weren't there when he married me. You can just make them out inbetween the creases...
Colene - I can't handle the heat so I'm going to have to pass on your offer. What? You weren't offering? My bad;-)
The Golden Eagle - I'm not sure yet if it's arthritis - maybe my hands just miss milking cows;-> Seriously, my massage therapist tells me it may be something less severe that she can take care of. I love that woman!

Jolene Perry said...

I love your idea of a holiday but I think I'll take my books on a beach.

Tracy Loewer said...

Oooh, your description of a holiday sounds lovely! I went to Mexico last year for the first time, and it was a blast, but I came home with a heat rash instead of a tan!

Swegan said...

nice random facts. i love these kinds of blogs too. they're so full of truth :) obviously. that was a stupid statement :P
my deepest darkest secret is a secret, but i eat icing out of the can, too. and those caramel-butterscotch chipits. MMMMM!!! i love those things. which is why i love christmas, because that's the only time they're in the house.
sorry about the arthritis! hope it lets up :)