It may look like I've been negligent this past week, but - okay, I have. But in my defence, I've been trying to catch up in other departments in my life that have been suffering. By Monday, I hope to have my crap together and be back at the helm (as if!).
Oh, and on Monday, I have an interview with MEGAN CREWE, author of GIVE UP THE GHOST!
Okay, here we go:
1) I love to knit and crochet. I have more the eight projects on the go at any given time though, because I get bored with them after a while (notice a pattern, anybody?). I'm trying to finish a baby afghan this month for my new niece (yes, I"M sure it will be my mother's 8th granddaughter) due in less than a month. My money's on Nov.2.
2) I clean house only when I should be doing something else. (or when I'm expecting 20 people over for Thanksgiving.) It's in The Master Procrastination Method how-to-guide I plan to write. Someday.
3) I found out that 40 is the new 70, in my case, anyway. Over the last two years, I've gained 20 lbs, developed rotator-cuff issues in both shoulders, feel like I have arthritis in my hands, hips and knees (the shoulders go without saying), have chronic heartburn and have taken up snoring (so I'm told). I picked the wrong time in life to crack a couple ribs, I guess. Just when I was supposed to up my fitness to stay abreast of old age, I had to quit my running and weight training. Maybe, once the ribs healed, I should have started up again...
4) My idea of the perfect holiday is NOT a hot beach somewhere tropic. I want a hotel room with a hot tub and room service and a masseuse on call, plus a stack of books. The DO NOT DISTURB sign will be on the doorknob.
5) I WANT to have a simple, sparse decor in my house, but too many people live here. To start with, I emptied out an entire room downstairs last spring, but within a week my husband bought furniture and a T.V. to fill it up. I haven't been in the room since. I'm not kidding. It used to be my fitness room.
Your turn! Tell me your deepest, dark secret. I promise, I won't tell anyone...