Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday and Contest Announcement!

Sorry, just a little tease. The contest isn't mine, but if you go to Christine's Journey you could sign up to win a copy of Manuscript Makeover by Elizabeth Lyon! Tell her I said hi!
Contest deadline is September 17/10.

Jen over at Unedited posted last week about some fun things to blog about. One of her ideas that caught my fancy was Twisty Tuesday. But I think Teaser Tuesday fits better, for me, anyway. That's what jacket flaps do, right? Tease?


The idea of T- Tuesday is that I post the book jacket flaps of three YA books, and you decide which book you would choose to read first, without my telling you the title or who wrote it. Let's give it a whirl!


1) Prentisstown isn't like other towns.
Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee - whose thoughts Todd can hear, too, whether he wants to or not - stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden - a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives. But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?

2) When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered in strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

3) It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding it's breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.
By her brother's graveside, Liesel Meminger's life is changed when she picks up a single object, partially hidden in the snow. It is The Grave Digger's Handbook, left there by accident, and it's her first act of book thievery. So begins a love affair with books and words, as Liesel, with the help of her accordion-playing foster father, learns to read. Soon she is stealing books from Nazi book-burnings, the mayor's wife's library, wherever there are books to be found.
But these are dangerous times. When Liesel's foster family hides a Jew in their basement, Liesel's world is both opened up and closed down.


What is your first pick?

13 comments:

Jamie Burch said...

This is a tough one! If I have to choose one, my first pic is #1.

Thanks for the follow on Twitter! Good luck with your writing. I look foward to cheering you on throughout your journey.

Talei said...

I think #2 - the blurb seemed alot clearer that the other two for me. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;)

AlexOngNYC said...

#1, reminds me of Buffy's "Hush".

Alex

DLCurran said...

Oh, #2 for sure (but I guess that's a cheat since I've already it - I'd read it again in a heartbeat!)

Bethany Mattingly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Would you happen to know what it's like to be a farm girl because you are one? :) I'd have a hard choice to make between one and two, though I'd definitely read three if it were offered to me. Gosh, can I answer all of the above?!

Marieke said...

#3. Mostly because I just love that book.

Jaydee Morgan said...

I always enjoyed Teaser Tuesday. If I had to pick, my choice would be #2

Samantha Bennett said...

Okay, they all sound pretty amazing. But my pick would be #2. I'm officially intrigued. ;)

Cleverly Inked said...

Id pick 2 or 3

Christine Danek said...

Thanks for the shout out. I think I would pick #2 although they all sound great.

Jackee said...

What a great idea for Tuesday posts, Cinette! I love this game.

I'm going to say #3... I love that book and the intrigue the last sentence in the jacketflap here gives the reader. :)

Thanks for a great game!

Cinette said...

Thanks for playing, everyone! And yes, Bethany, I married into the farm life:0)

The titles of the books, in order, are:
1) The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
2) The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
3) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Meredith said...

I know #2, so I'm going to pick #3--sounds like a powerful book. Cute game!