Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Five Random Things About Me

Another recommendation I picked up from Jen at Unedited was Truth Thursday. My version of it will be a list of 5 random things about me. So here we go!

1) I absolutely hate getting my picture taken. It used to be about the freckles and pimples, now it's about the wrinkles and rolls. I'm not vain, or anything...

2) I'm the opposite of a clothes horse. My husband forced me to go buy some nice clothes or he was going to go shopping for me. I learned years ago NOT to let him buy clothes for gifts for me. Lousy taste.)

3) I'm a forced quasi-vegetarian. I can't eat red meat or my joints swell. I think I'm going to have to give up fowl soon too. This early fall weather has me all stiff and achy. But I LOVE meat! And I'm a livestock producer.

4) Don't make me choose between books and hanky-panky, dear hubby. I could be quite content as a reading monk.

5) My jewelery collection can fit in a ring box. I like jewelry, but I forget to wear it. It doesn't go with my pullover hoodies and rubber boots anyway.


Now it's your turn! Give me one random thing about you so I can get to know you better:0)

14 comments:

C.E. said...

LOVE MEAT! I would just have to suffer and be in pain if I couldn't have my weekly steak. My heart goes out to you on that one.

#4 cracked me up cause when I asked myself that same question I just __________ blanked. Like deer in headlights. ummm....

Random fact: I love to watch ducks walk. Its ridiculously cute. Need a Monday pick-er-upper? watch a duck walk. Bad day? Watch a duck walk. ^_^ Great post!

DLCurran said...

Couple things... in response to your pictures comment - yeah, you've got nothing to worry about! You look fan-ta-u-lous Dahling!

If you can't eat red meat we'll describe how my meatballs taste at the supper part of the workshop... poor you. ~sniff sniff~

I'm with you on the small jewellry collection... my fingers swelled/grew/got fat after the having the kidlets so I can't even wear my wedding rings now!

One Random Thing: I eat Corn Pops out of the box by the handful and then wonder why all my exercising still doesn't shift any of my rolls.

Jill said...

Hey there
Just one comment.... Rolls??? The only roll you have is a blog-roll. And I agree with Debbie, nothing to worry about at all!

Bethany Mattingly said...

Mmmm, random thing about me....I would rather drink chamomile tea than coffee, unless it's iced coffee :)

Sondrae Bennett said...

I love Unedited! I saw this idea myself and thought about using it on my blog, too. I loved your number four! It made me smile :)

Stephen Tremp said...

One interesting thing about me ... hmm ... let's see (scratching my head). Oh yeah, I once held my breath for 47 seconds. And thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Stephen Tremp

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Nice to "meet" you. =)

I enjoyed learning more about you! And since you asked here's one random thing about me:

Even though I have a deep voice, I do an amazing impersonation of Snow White singing. :)

lotusgirl said...

Music makes me happy.

Meredith said...

I love this list! I always think learning random things about someone is such an awesome way to get to know them. Hmm, as for my random thing, I've been obsessed with learning about King Henry VIII of England since I was a little girl. No idea why.

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm not vain either. First it was the teeth and the curly mullet. Now it's the sagging skin and the... after braces I still don't like my teeth.

Robyn Campbell said...

Love number 4. I'm always saying, "But I'm not done reading." hehe

Love your list. Random thing about me? I love riding horses. I have three horses with plans to get five more. (Shhh, don't tell the hubs.) *grin*

Vicki Rocho said...

I LOVE your list! I almost could have written it myself.

My daughter asked me why I had all this jewelry I never wear...because I've been collecting it for 20 years and not ever occasion calls for bling.

Clara said...

I LOVED number 4! About me? Hum...I like to watch Deal or No Deal with Noel...I know, pathetic!

Cinette said...

We are such an eclectic bunch, we writers. Glad to get to know you all!