Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Oops! I missed posting last week. I hadn't realized how long ago I last posted. I guess I just need to remember that Monday is Blog day!
As far as my time has gone, I can't say I've done any writing yet, but that will change today. I'm going to re-edit and revise chapter one of Witches Don't Wear Socks and re-post it at The Next Big Writer site, and will be revising and re-post a new chapter every second day. How's that for making a commitment? Considering that we are in the middle of calving season, it feels ambitious to me. (And I'm keeping a close eye on the ewes; there's always one that catches us off guard and, out of the blue, weeks before the rest of the herd, will drop quadruplets or something of that nature.)
I met my commitment to read two writing magazines this past week, and have finished two writing books so far this year, Writing and Selling the YA Novel by K.L. Going and The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White. The first is required reading for the online workshop I signed up for in March, and the other a well-needed refresher in grammar and - stuff. I started correcting my family's speech for days. They weren't impressed.

No comments: