Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby Steps

Guess what? I actually read THREE writing magazines this week; two came in the mail and I devoured them, then read one that was on my list. And I've started Joan of Arc to cover the biography I'm supposed to read this month, and GUESS WHAT? I actually revised/edited chapters one through four Of Witches Don't Wear Socks and posted them back up on TheNextBigWriter site!
What amazes me is that the story just flows from my fingers. Half the time I don't even know what I'm going to write, it just comes up on the page. Yeah, there is always some meddling I'll have to do to it later, but I'm even surprised where I end up. I may fret and carry on about being stuck for ideas, but once I sit down and just look at it, the characters just do their thing.
I did a very silly thing the other day: I signed up for another online writing course. But it's being taught by the author of the book 'Make A Scene', Jordan E. Rosenfeld! That's a rare opportunity, you know! The class is called Novel Writing: Scene Fundamentals.
I also attended the first meeting of The Lethbridge Writers Group last week, and got to meet a lot of (okay, a few) of Lethbridge's aspiring writers, and even PUBLISHED writers! Yes, it can happen, folks! Apparently it's not just an urban legend!
I'm not going to be able to make next month's meeting, (Every second Tuesday I'm supposed to be at my kids' 4H meeting where I'm an assistant leader) but if other meetings can be arranged, I hope to make them!
One of our 'homework' assignments for the next meeting was to write a six-word summary to describe our lives. Mine is: So many books, so little time. Now if you'll excuse me, I hoped to finish 'Elements of Fiction Writing: Beginnings, Middles and Ends' by Nancy Kress yet tonight.

No comments: