Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello? Is Anyone Out There?

Wow. Was I ever surprised to find my blog still here. I've been delinquent, to say the least. But I pledge to write at least on entry a week, even if it's just to say I have nothing of any importance to write (which, let's face it, will be 99% of the time).
I haven't done any writing, but the writing department in my head has been picking apart scenes in Witches Don't Wear Socks (gotta change that title) and has changed the POV of Time Wardens. And started piecing together another 2 novels that I realized last night might very well be combined into one.
I've started reading a lot lately, now that I finished knitting 25+ scarves and a sweater for Christmas, and have told everyone that they don't get their birthday sweaters or afghans on their actual birthday. OK, I haven't told them, I'll just surprise then a couple months after their birthdays.
As I was saying about my reading, I've pledged to myself to read 2 writing books, 2 YA books, 1 biography and 2 fantasy or other books a month. Of course, I'm already behind on that. Guess I'll be doing a lot of reading this weekend.
I never got around to making any New Years resolutions, but I had a birthday earlier this week (I'm not saying which one) so that seemed as good a place to start as any. As far as last year's goals reached: 4 writing books and 14 YA books. I gotta step it up.
I also signed up for another online class : Writing the YA Novel. I'm pledging to get Witches finished, at least the first draft, by the summer. Of course, my 'first draft' gets constantly revised as I go.
I tried to do NANOWRIMO in November. I even had a complete outline of the story worked out. It was I murder mystery. I made 2000 words and then just dropped it. I couldn't force myself to sit down with it. I guess I prefer to learn the story as I go along. I've never written out an outline - wait, that's a lie. I made one for Time Wardens, but the story did a 180, so that got trashed. The characters no longer fit the outline. I wonder if I can even finish a story.

No comments: