Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Tangent

I can't honestly say I've been working on my writing lately - like I said before, May and June are crazy around here. But I've been mulling over both novels, a short story and - you guessed it - a NEW novel idea. I hate to admit it, but I was pulling it together -in my head- sitting in the pew at a funeral this morning. (As an aside, I want to be like the guy we were there to mourn/celebrate; riding elephants inThailand at 70 years, para-gliding in Mexico at 82, planning another trip at 90.)

I can honestly say I want to be writing, but I'm putting it off for some reason. What's up with that? Is it because my to-do list is longer than my arm, and it pulls at me? Do I really believe I'm going to find numerous consecutive hours to write? Gimme a break. School's out. Not a chance.

Time to make another goal;-D. I know! how about 500 words a day? That's not too crazy, and it gives me a jumping off place. Even if I don't get it done every day, at least it's on my to-do list. So, there it is, another goal. Hit or miss, here I go!

1 comment:

Dave Bryant said...

I've taken off on writing blog entries and replying to other's blogs. It keeps me writing, and it's not fiction, but at least I have to think about what I'm putting down, and I'm always thinking about what impact my words are going to have, rethinking, etc. It satisfies a big part of what habits I need to establish as a writer.
All that said, I know what you mean, I've been almost scared to write for the last couple of months. I hoped the retreat would spur some creativity, but I kind of fizzled out again.
I've started a creative writing course online at Athabasca university, which is cool, it'll keep me working.
It looks like you're reading at least. That's half of it. I was so bogged down in school work, but lately I've had no excuse. I need to get more selfish and stop giving in to other people's demands. Make it family, reading and writing. I don't know. It's a whole package isn't it?
I was commenting a lot on Matt Good's blog for a while, but things got so out of hand with some of his follower's comments that he eliminated the comment section altogether. Kind of sad,
as usual some ruin it for all i guess. He has solid well researched articles on almost anything you can think of. I see how he writes such great tunes.
I havene't had much chance to read back in your blog yet. Are there some entries you'd recommend?