Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Friday, March 6, 2009

I've been poking and prodding at Witches for over a week now and can't seem to get it moving. I have a vague outline, and I know what happens further on, but I'm struggling with the story. I think I need to backtrack and piece in another subplot. It's hard to disrupt the flow of the story and add something new, but I have a feeling it needs another obstacle in her plan just to get through the day.

In Walter Mosley's This Year You Write Your Novel, he says you need to stay with the story every day. Even if you just reread it, you need to work with it every day to stay with it or you lose momentum. Guess what I did? Slacked off, then lost my...momentum. Poo. I hate it when adults are right;-)

No comments: