Blog Mission

The Everyday Thoughts and Tidbits that catch my fancy - Look! A squirrel!

Musings is a AWARD-FREE blog. Your comments are all the awards I need!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Officially in the Game

I did it. I entered the contest I found at Women on Writing. They accepted my piece, so they still had room in the contest. Now all I can do is wait. OR, I could find another contest or magazine looking for submissions, and get it together.

I also submitted my last assignment in the Extended Novel Writing Workshop, but it wasn't up to the full word count, nor was it on time. January has been a chaotic month, to say the least. I didn't even know what week it was there for awhile, let alone what day. I actually misplaced a week, somehow.

While sitting in the hospital waiting room all day yesterday (hubby was in for some tests) I finished a novel by a newcomer, Jocelynn Drake. Nightwalker, The First Dark Days Novel, makes for a good read. I've read other vampire stories that are so dark that it gets difficult for me to read them. But Drake does an excellent job of adding a little levity and some very interesting characters. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

No comments: